- Description: An inspiring montage of multiple pictures creating one and showing typography skills.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, Steps taken while designing): After acquiring the pictures, I placed part of each of them on the page using the lasso tool. I wanted to use the rule of thirds, and I incorporated this into the design process. I then used the masking tool to blend the lighthouse to the stars and the pink color to the stars above them. I added the words and the rectangle, then added the filter on the word “shine.” I used photoshop as the primary program designer for this project. Because I wanted the montage to be simple, I kept this in mind as I created this. I kept the images to a minimum to allow for white space.
- Message: The message of this montage is meant to inspire people to shine despite difficulties. I wanted to encourage them to stand up for their own choices like a lighthouse stands against the dark. Another message from this is to show that difficulties (darkness) make us (stars) stand out more.
- Audience: My audience is BYU-Idaho students.
- Top Thing Learned: I loved using the masking tool in this project. I really learned how to combine pictures to create better images. This is a skill I will use in many more projects.
- Filter / Colorization used and where it was applied: I used the crosshatch filter on the word “shine” to pull even more attention to it.
- Color scheme and color names: Triadic; blue, yellow and red
- Title Font Name & Category: Cardo, Oldstyle
- Title 2 Font Name & Category: Fredericka, Decorative
- Thumbnails of Images used:
Sources (Links to images on original websites / with title of site):